The following is a list of items that may not be purchased with the procurement card.
- Controlled substances
- Gasoline Purchases for personal vehicles
- Living Animals
- Maintenance or lease agreements
- Meals and incidentals when using the per diem method
- Personal expenses
- Purchases exceeding $500 at all Washington University campus bookstores require a purchase order.
- Radioactive or hazardous materials (including disposal of)
- Rounding up for a charity at retail stores
- Donations to a charity or foundation (on the cardholder’s behalf)
Unallowable Procurement Card Practices
- Cardholders cannot share their card or account number with another employee.
- Purchases should be shipped to Washington University addresses only.
- Procurement card transactions cannot be split or parsed into two or more smaller ones to avoid per-transaction dollar restrictions.
- Procurement cards cannot be used to circumvent the competitive bidding process. Single transaction limits over $24,500 will require the approval of the Purchasing Department and the Controller’s Office.
- Procurement cards cannot be used to purchase items in a manner that is inconsistent with any procedures put into place by Purchasing Services.
- Procurement card purchases may not be linked to personal rebate websites/programs (ex: Ebates, Ibotta, Swagbucks, etc.)