The Washington University Tax Department is responsible for a variety of areas of the university’s tax compliance, including preparing many of the university’s information returns.  However, not all tax forms are issued through the Tax Department.  Please see Other Tax-Related Contacts below for questions regarding Forms 1098-T, 1098-E, 1095-C, W-2, and stipend tax letters.

University Tax Department Contacts

Tax Department
Campus Box 1034
700 Rosedale Avenue
St. Louis, MO  63112

1099 reporting; IRS Determination letter and Forms W-9; Sales tax  exemption certificates; non-Missouri entertainers tax; and RelocationShauna 935-4392
FIS payments to foreign entities and individuals; 1042-S reporting; and Subsidiary reportingErica 935-9839
Unrelated business income – on campus and investmentsRosalyn 935-7095
Form 990 reporting; Property tax; Sales & Use Tax; FATCA reporting; foreign bank account reporting (FBAR); and charitable contributionsChelsea 935-8283

Other Tax-Related Contacts

Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement

Form 1098-E, Student Loan Interest Statement – Contact ACS/Conduent at (800) 826-4470.

Form 1095-C, Employer Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage – Contact Human Resources at

Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement

Stipend Tax Letters:

  • To access to your fellowship stipend letter, click here.
  • For information about fellowship stipends, click here.

Washington University staff cannot provide personal tax advice.  For assistance with preparing tax returns, please contact a professional tax advisor.