Foreign Checks

Canadian checks should be treated like U.S. checks but should be deposited separately from U.S. checks. In addition, the receipt voucher number should be written on the back of the check. On the deposit slip and the receipt voucher, enter the check amount as if it was stated in U.S. dollars. After the bank converts the funds, Accounting Services will prepare a journal accordingly.

The receipt voucher for all other foreign checks should be completed the same way, however, the checks should be sent to Campus Box 1147, Attn: Bank Liaison rather than sent to the bank.